What is Indica et Buddhica?
10/29/2012 01:59 AM
The web site has 2300+ registered users, mostly faculty and post graduates, mostly engaged in Classical Indian and Buddhist Studies.
- Indica et Buddhica: http://indica-et-buddhica.org/ -- provides resources for Indologists and Buddhologists; as the top level domain, this is the public portal or entrance to the site.
- Camera Antipodea :: Richard Mahoney . Photographer: http://camera-antipodea.indica-et-buddhica.com/ -- displays images of a New Zealand that is passing or gone. A project is underway to document growth and decay.
- Lexica: Sanskrit, Tibetan and English: http://lexica.indica-et-buddhica.org/ -- an interface giving access to definitions from two Sanskrit to Tibetan word lists and Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary; remote client access is available using the Dictionary Server Protocol (DICT).
- Philologica: Machine Readable Texts: http://philologica.indica-et-buddhica.org/ -- provides machine readable texts and digital instruments for philological research; a full text search, retrieval, and analysis system is available for a collection of Sanskrit texts, including the Mahabharata and Ramayana.
- Repositorium: A Storage Place for Materials: http://repositorium.indica-et-buddhica.org/ -- a digital archive designed to capture, store, index, preserve, and distribute materials pertinent to Indology and Buddhology; holds materials for the study of Nagarjuna and Santideva, a manuscript catalogue, and Sanskrit and Tibetan lexica.
- Tabulae: Tables of Contents for Indology and Buddhology: http://tabulae.indica-et-buddhica.org/ -- increases the availability and usefulness of online journals containing Indological and Buddhological material; links, aggregated feeds and bibliographical data makes this material easier to find, access and use.
Web Application Framework:
- Enterprise Content Management Systems -- Nuxeo CPS 4 (Zope/Python) and Infrae's Silva (Zope/Python)
- Zebra -- ``a high-performance, general-purpose structured text indexing and retrieval engine''
- YAZ -- ``a programmers' toolkit supporting the development of Z39.50/SRW/SRU clients and servers''
- MARC21 and MARCXML source data
- XSL Transformations
- PHP forms
- Perl CGI
- HTML pages (HTML, SHTML, XHTML, CSS)
- Dictionary Server Protocol (DICT) servers and databases
- Textual analysis platform -- PhiloLogic
- Sanskrit texts following Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) guidelines
- LDAP authentication
- Proxy Servers and Load Balancers -- Apache 2 and Sun Microsystems' Java System Web Proxy Server
- Web Servers -- Apache 2 and Sun Java System Web Server
- ECMS -- Nuxeo CPS 4 (Zope/Python) and Infrae's Silva (Zope/Python)
- User Authentication -- Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition
- Operating System -- Sun's Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris